Microdermabrasion is considered to be an indispensable treatment in cleaning and maintaining the skin health.
The method addresses both women and men, regardless of age and can be applied on any skin type, being one of the most popular non-invasive cosmetic procedures. It is painless, comfortable, does not involve aggressive chemical products and does not have post-treatment recovery period. This type of treatment is recommended to be combined with another non-invasive, anti-aging procedure and to deeply moisturize the skin.Thus combined, these two treatments practically cover two of the basic principles of skin care, namely cleaning by microdermabrasion and hydration, the final effect being a supple and tonic skin, elastic and bright, with a look and texture much improved and rejuvenated, changes which are observed from the first session and that are maintained about 2-3 weeks.
Benefits of diamond powder microdermabrasion
- excellent results in the treatment of acne and mature complexions,
- removes the top layers of dead cells and impurities,
- decongests tissues and gives firmness;
- treats skin looking tired, dull complexion,
- treating keratoses (excessive thickening of the first layer of the skin surface),
- regenerates cells and tissues,
- accelerates the production of collagen and elastin,
- treats atrophy (improves elasticity),
- smooths post acne scars effectively, visibly improving texture,
- removes blackheads, cleans and closes pores,
- cleans, regenerates and rejuvenates the skin, restoring its brightness,
- removes signs, levels scars and red spots,
- attenuates wrinkles instantly,
- restores skin damaged by the sun,
- corrects hyperpigmentation, evens unsightly discolored areas, reducing the amount of pigment – can be used in a global complex illumination program including facial photoregeneration,
- accelerates natural skin hydration;
- improves local lymphatic circulation, eliminating toxins and metabolic wastes,
- improves blood flow to transport oxygen and nutrients to the cells,
- treats including difficult areas such as eyes, nose, double chin,
- helps significantly increasing the rate of absorption of the active ingredients in the skin products applied afterwards,
- painless treatment – does not require anesthesia,
- treatment can be repeated at short intervals (7-14 days),
- simple and fast treatment, no recovery period.
How does diamond powder microdermabrasion work?
The applications of microdermabrasion devices with diamond powder have been extended to the treatment of stretch marks, especially to the freshly formed ones.
Microdermabrasion with diamond powder acts as an extremely fine sandpaper on the skin surface skin, eliminating the stratum corneum of the epidermis consisting mainly of dead cells.
At the same time it accelerates the production of new cells in the basal layer, deep in the epidermis.
Diamond Microdermabrasion is not a common cosmetic treatment. Studies have found that the absorption of certain classes of active substances after microdermabrasion increases 8-24 times. Microdermabrasion treatment temporarily opens a window to deeper layers of the skin, and that is why it is very important to take advantage of this opportunity.
In this context, microdermabrasion should be viewed as a tool to increase absorption of cosmetics into the skin, thus achieving maximum potential.
Consequently, for spectacular results, our experts recommend microdermabrasion session in conjunction with Intraceuticals hyperbaric oxygen therapy !
Are there side-effects?
Microdermabrasion skin treatment has no side effects. At the end of the session, we can have a slight skin redness (erythema) of the treated area. To eliminate redness, apply (if applicable) a decongestant cream with powerful moisturizing factors. We recommend not to expose yourself to UV immediately after the session of microdermabrasion.
Post-treatment indications and information :
- we recommend using a cream at home to ensure extra moisturizing and photoprotection because the skin will be more sensitive to sun exposure. The esthetician will recommend professional cosmetic dermatology products specially designed for microdermabrasion, which take into account (benefit from) of alterations of skin functions. Ideal preparations are combinations of substances, besides simple hydration and photoprotection, active in treating various ailments, maintain and regenerate the skin.
- to avoid temporarily the application of certain classes of substances (those with potential irritant that may accentuate dryness etc.)
- results remain visible 2-3 weeks, but also cumulative. To get the best results on the long term, we recommend a series of treatments.
How long ? Is there a recovery time?
The procedure is ideal for people who can not give much time to more complex procedures (surgery, laser).
- The treatment lasts about 20 minutes
- No recovery time needed
- It is part of the category “lunchtime lift”
The procedure does not irritate the skin, only a slight redness that usually disappears after 20 minutes (natural minerals do not cause side effects in contact with skin) can occur.
How effective are home kits for ,,microdermabrasion” ?
Recently, cosmetic products containing abrasive particles started using the term “microdermabrasion” in their marketing. These home exfoliation solutions can be helpful, but are not a substitute for the procedure performed by the esthetician. Such products should always be tested on a small area of the skin because of the risk that the scrub may be too abrasive, irritating, or to produce an allergic reaction.
Do not expect to get the same results at home.
Questions and answers
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is one of the most popular skin care methods practiced in the West and increasingly sought after in our country. It is a non-invasive method of skin cleansing and consists of a gentle and efficient exfoliation which removes dead skin and impurities from the skin and enhances the natural regeneration of the skin. It leaves skin completely clean and ready to completely absorb the specific treatment used.
Who can benefit from Microdermabrasion?
If you have or have had acne, fine or deep wrinkles, skin texture differences or your skin is affected by sun exposure, microdermabrasion could help you. But you will not get rid of deep scars, birth marks or tattoos. Unless you have a known medical history of hyper | hypo-pigmentation or keloid scars in your family, you should consider microdermabrasion an alternative to more aggressive or invasive peelings.
What should I expect after the treatment?
The most common feeling is a mild irritation, redness, which disappears within 2 hours. The skin will feel dry and may peel. This is normal and is actually the purpose of the procedure. You must regularly apply a very moisturizing lotion which also includes a sunscreen as high as SPF 50+. Even so sun, exposure should be avoided for a few days and even face tanning (including tanning bed) is contraindicated during this period. You must avoid using any exfoliating products 3-5 days before and after treatment. The skin will feel smooth and positive effects can be noticed immediately after treatment.
When can Microdermabrasion be performed?
Microdermabrasion can be performed any time, but a break of about 7-10 days between treatments provides optimal results. It is good that women plan the treatment sessions in the first two weeks after menstruation, because the skin is more sensitive as it approaches and during the period.
Is Microdermabrasion treatment painful?
No, because the Microdermabrasion treatment performed in our salon is not aggressive and the exfoliation degree used increases gradually from one session to another.
It feels like a pinching and the sensation is more intense around the eyes, where sensitivity is higher. Generally, it is better to work at the limit of comfort and endurance to get the best results. The skin will feel slightly “hot” and may slightly redden for a few hours, up to one day.
Does Microdermabrasion eliminate fine and deeper wrinkles or acne signs?
When can I return to work after treatment?
One session lasts for 35 minutes.
How soon will results appear?
Microdermabrasion results are usually immediate and noticeable.
This means not spectacular results, like those of skin resurfacing or lifting, but a clearer and more uniform skin, with a healthy texture, which feels softer. They can be noticed even after the first session, and after a 4 sessions program, the effects cumulate and are enhanced by stimulating the body’s regeneration.
In some cases, when you can notice a slight redness of the face, it is recommended to apply a light layer of powder, but the tonic and moisturizer applied are usually enough. If the client has a sensitive skin it is recommended to perform the treatment at the end of the working day for redness to disappear until the next day.
Many patients have this treatment performed during lunch break known as “lunchtime peels” associated with microdermabrasion.
Which are the benefits of Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is completely painless and is performed in conditions of maximum safety. The results are visible from the very first session:
- accelerates cell and tissue regeneration
- increases the production of collagen and elastin
- leads to a clear and bright skin
- instantly reduces wrinkles
- cleanses and decongests tissues
- removes blemishes, comedones, pimples
- treats acne
- evens unsightly discolored skin areas
- accelerates natural skin hydration
- evens superficial scars
Does Microdermabrasion have any side effects?
Microdermabrasion skin treatment has no side effects. At the end of the session it can be noticed a slight redness (erythema) of the treated skin area. To remove the redness, you can apply (if necessary) a decongestant lotion with powerful moisturizing factors. We recommend you to avoid UV rays exposure immediately after the Microdermabrasion session and also use a moisturizer with SPF 50.
Is a maintenance treatment necessary?
Yes, it is. Obviously, the positive effects will fade in time because the processes that have determined the problems do not disappear, but they are still working against your skin, so you should schedule a series of treatment sessions every few months, to maintain and repeat the program 2 times a year.
Is Microdermabrasion recommended for men too?
Yes, it is even suitable for a non-invasive skin cleansing, because it removes dead skin and impurities and stimulates natural regeneration of skin, reduces wrinkles. It is recommended especially for mature, stressed, affected by nicotine and extended sun exposure skin, etc.
Which are the contraindications of Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is not recommended in case of: active acne, uncontrolled diabetes, eczema, dermatitis, skin cancer, viral lesions, herpes simplex (active), vascular lesions, persons undergoing oral medical treatment to reduce blood flow, pregnancy, tattoos.
Can I have Microdermabrasion performed during summer too?
Microdermabrasion sessions can be performed at any time of the year, including summer. It is recommended to use SPF 50 or avoid sun exposure without sunscreen.
How efficient are the Microdermabrasion kits for home?
Recently, cosmetics containing abrasive particles use the term of Microdermabrasion in their marketing. These solutions of peeling for home can be helpful, but they are not a substitute for the procedure performed by an esthetician. These products should always be tested on a small area of the skin because of the risk that the scrub be too abrasive, irritant or produce an allergic reaction. Do not expect to get the same results at home.
Fill in the appointment form or call us at 0720 357 710